Privacy and Security Policy
Tyde Australia PTY LTD
1.We respect your privacy
- 1.1.Tyde Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 61 611 117 483) (“we”, “us” “our”, “Tyde”) respects the right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information collected or provided to us. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles and other obligations contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat personal information about your use of the My Health Record system (“My Health Record”).
- 1.3.Having a My Health Record gives you a secure electronic summary of your health information and means you, and any participating doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals involved in your care will, with your consent, have access to a summary of your information – including medications, allergies and immunisations. This will contribute to better, safer and more efficient care for you.
- 1.4.Information in your My Health Record can include your personal details and important health information such as discharge summaries from hospitals, allergies, medical conditions and treatments, medicine details and test or scan reports.
- 1.5.“Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about an individual and includes your name, address, contact numbers or email address.
- 1.6.This Privacy & Security Policy explains how we protect personal information provided through our website www.tyde.com (the “Site”) and our mobile software application (“App”) and how we use that information about our services offered through the Site and App (the “Service”).
- 1.7.Tyde uses best practices in relation to its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your personal information. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
2.Collection of your personal information
- 2.1.We will, from time to time, collect, receive and store personal information from you provided via the Website, App or in the course of our Services, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- 2.2.You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to us directly, to enable us to send information, provide updates and our Service. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, or when you provide information about personal affairs, when you change content or email preferences, respond to surveys and/or promotions or provide health information.
3.1.The types of personal information we may collect include:
- a.identifying information such as name and date of birth;
- b.contact information such as home address, home and mobile phone numbers and email address; and
- c.health and medical information
- 3.2.You generally have the right not to identify yourself when dealing with us where it is lawful and practicable for us to allow it. However, on many occasions we will not be able to do this, and provide our Services to you.
- 3.3.Certain areas and features of our Website and App are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any personal information. However, other features of the Website, App or the Service may require registration, which involves provision to us of an email address, a password and a username (collectively the “Registration Information”). To benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you also must provide your third-party health portal credentials (“Portal Credentials”) including My Gov credentials to collect and to allow Tyde to access your health data at those other healthcare providers’ institutions (“Portal Information”) for your use.
- 3.4.From time to time we may request other personal information to provide you with other benefits of the Service. In all such instances, you will be given the opportunity to provide or to decline to provide that information, and it will be used only for the stated purpose.
- 3.1.The types of personal information we may collect include:
4.How do we collect your personal information?
5.Use of your personal information
- 5.1.We may use personal information to provide you with information, updates and our Service. We may also use personal information to improve our products and services, better understand your needs and for the reasons set out in clause 6.
- 5.2.We may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, in-App, sms or mail.
- 5.3.From time to time we may provide our registered customers with email alerts or email newsletters. Tyde subscribers can opt-out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
6.Disclosure of your personal information
6.1.Your privacy is not for sale. We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Tyde uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
- a.to provide the Service and the services provided by My Health Record;
- b.to analyse site usage and improve the Service;
- c.for internal system administration;
- d.to deliver to you any administrative notices, health alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- e.to fulfil your requests for certain products and services;
- f.for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- g.to third-parties that provide services to Tyde and are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- i.as otherwise outlined in this Privacy and Security Policy.
- 6.3.We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, during a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 6.4.We may also disclose and use personal information to protect our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety, and that of our users or third parties.
- 6.5.Information that we collect will only be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in Australia.
- 6.6.Where personal information is disclosed to a third party in connection with the purposes of this Privacy & Security policy, persons receiving the information are subject to our security policies and practices and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- 6.1.Your privacy is not for sale. We do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. Tyde uses and discloses your personal information only as follows:
7.Security of your personal information
- 7.1.We are committed to ensuring that personal information provided to us is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot provide a guarantee that in all cases personal information that we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy & Security Policy.
- 7.2.We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Tyde accounts and systems from unauthorized access.
- 7.3.When you register for the Service, Tyde requires a password from you for your privacy and security. Tyde transmits information such as your Registration Information for the App or Portal Credentials securely.
- 7.4.Our databases are protected from general employee access both physically and logically. We encrypt your Service password so that your password cannot be recovered, even by us. All backup drives and tapes also are encrypted.
- 7.5.We enforce physical access controls to our buildings. No employee may put any sensitive content on any insecure machine (i.e. no information can be taken from the database and put on an insecure laptop).
- 7.6.Our service ensures secure communications with encryption. From the time you submit your Login ID and Password, these communications between your computer and Tyde are encrypted. This enables client and server applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering and message forgery.
8.Access to your personal information
- 8.1.Individuals may request details of personal information that we hold about them in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. Individuals seeking a copy of the information which we hold about them or individuals who believe that any information we hold on them is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, may email us at [email protected]
- 8.2.We reserve the right to refuse to provide individuals with information that we hold about them, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
- 8.3.Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will, subject to applicable law, be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Portal Information and delete all portal credentials.
9.Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to us at [email protected]. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
10.Changes to Privacy & Security Policy
Please be aware that we may change this Privacy & Security Policy in the future. We may modify this Policy at any time, in our sole discretion and all modifications will be effective immediately upon our posting of the modifications on our Website. Please check back from time to time to review our Privacy & Security Policy.
- 11.1.When a user visits our Website or App we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how users use our site, such that we can improve our Services.
11.3.We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
Web beacons are images embedded in a Web page or email for measuring and analysing site usage and activity. Tyde.com, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyse Site usage and improve the Service.
- 11.5.Our Website or App may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for users’ convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personal identifiable information.
12.Contact us if you have any questions or concerns
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy or any other privacy or security concern, send an e-mail to [email protected]